How it works
We will keep you up to date throughout the process via email. To prevent messages going to spam/junk folders, we recommend you add email@example.com to your safe senders list.
How do I sell my device?
- Using the orange buttons on the homepage, select the type of device you wish to sell. For example, “Laptop”.
- You will then be presented with drop-down lists of different models to choose from. In the case of laptops, a selection of CPUs is available to choose from. If you don't know, give a call or send us an email, and we’ll help!
- When you click a model, the page will scroll and display the device you have chosen. If its correct, click “Trade in now”.
- You will receive a quote for your device by selecting the appropriate drop-down options, such as “Condition - Working”. If you are unsure about the details of your laptop, you can download Speccy, which will tell you the specification of your device. Alternatively, contact us for help. If you are happy with the price shown at the top of the form, press “Add to basket”.
- You can complete the checkout just like any online shop, creating an account takes only seconds, and the checkout process is straightforward and easy to complete.
How do I send my device to you?
You will have the choice of using Royal Mail (Take your device to a Post Office), or Courier (Have your device collected from your address). Either way, it is completely free to send your item.
If you wish to use the courier option you will need to choose a collection date during the checkout process. You will receive email confirmation that this has been booked, and our courier will usually keep you up to date via text message. The courier will arrive with packaging and collect your item at the same time. There is no need for you to prepackage your device or print out any paperwork or labels.
If you wish to use Royal Mail (via the post office), we can provide free packaging if it is required, which includes a highly protective box and air-bag combination. Alternatively, you may use other suitable packaging.
How will I get paid?
You will have the choice of Bank Transfer, PayPal, or to donate the full amount to Cancer Research UK (in addition to our usual donations). If you choose bank transfer, please ensure your Account Number and Sort Code has been entered in your Money 4 My Tech account.
Payment via Bank Transfer or PayPal is paid the same day we receive the item, as long as the item arrives before 2PM and the device was accurately described. In rare instances, we may be unable to test all the devices in larger orders in time for a same-day payment. We advise that orders of 5 or more devices may not be processed on the same day we receive them.
Do I need to erase my device before sending to you?
We erase all devices so you don't have to, but we recommend that you delete any personal information from your devices by performing a factory reset or similar operation. To meet our data protection commitments, we will professionally erase all PC/Mac devices and factory reset all phones, tablets and consoles. Our processes ensure that your personal data is removed from any device before it is recycled or refurbished. It is very important that all theft protection features such as "Find My iPhone" are disabled before sending your device, or we will not be able to process the device without requiring your email address and password.