Before proceeding with checkout: Please ensure you fully understand how our service works, have carefully selected the correct specification and condition of your devices, and have paid close attention to all information, instructions and notices on our website. When selling laptops, it is especially important that you select the original Operating System, not what it was upgraded to (for free or otherwise), as this helps us determine the age of the device.
Best price guarantee: Customers may submit a "price request" to exceed the price offered by a competing website, for an item they wish to sell via Money 4 My Tech. This can be achieved by calling or emailing our customer service team. We reserve the right to reject any price requests if we do not feel that the competitor's price is genuine, is part of a promotional offer, or where the competing website does not offer a service comparable to Money 4 My Tech. We will not, for example, match or exceed the price of a website that has a poor reputation or history of changing prices after receiving orders. All price requests must be submitted before placing an order.
Terms and Conditions as of 6th December 2018
By accessing and using this service, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and provision of this agreement. In addition, when using our particular services, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services. Any participation in this service will constitute acceptance of this agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the above, please do not use this service.
Money 4 My Tech and associated names such as M4MT, Money4MyTech.co.uk, Money4MyTech.com, are trading names of Lizard Tech Solutions Ltd.
VAT Number GB212563340
Company Number 9392708
Ensure that you are happy with the quote and that you are equally happy to send the device to us and that it is within your rights to do so. Your contract will then start with us as soon as we receive your order.
1. Should you be given a price confirmation via email and after inspection of your device, we agree to pay you that amount, you are legally and contractually bound to sell us the device for the price quoted once you have shipped the device to us.
2. Legal title of the device(s) will pass to us when we receive the devices, in accordance with these terms and conditions, and we have dispatched payment to you. Title for all devices accepted for recycling passes to us when you agree to allow the device to be recycled.
3. All decisions about whether or not we purchase your device and for what amount are final. Any offer to purchase your device that we make is a non-transferable offer and also expires if not accepted by you in a timely manner. At any time we may decide, without prior notice, to discontinue purchasing any particular or all items.
4. We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the contract.
5. You may cancel the contract with us at any time up to the time when you send us the device. Please notify us of this by email.
6. When cancelling, you need not give us any reason for cancelling the contract, nor will you have to pay any charges. Please note that this contract cannot be cancelled after you have sent your devices(s) to us. Please also note that if you wish to cancel an order and have chosen to use the courier collection postage option, we require a minimum 2 working day notice period before the collection date. This will ensure that we do not book your collection and the order can be cancelled with no charges. For all failed collections where we were not notified within the sufficient time period, we reserve the right to invoice you and subsequently collect the value of these expenses.
7. Abuse of our website is not tolerated. Abuse includes, but is not limited to, inappropriate use of our website such as failing to send your item back to us without explanation, placing fake orders, placing orders for the sole purpose of receiving packaging, or any attempt to scam or deceive our business and staff with false information. We may blacklist your home address and/or IP address, and share these details with fellow businesses to prevent further abuse. Shipping and packaging is free when using our service with genuine and proven intent to complete a transaction. In all other cases we reserve the right to invoice you and subsequently collect the value of these expenses.
By processing an order through our site, you warrant that:
1. You are resident in Great Britain or Northern Ireland
2. You are accessing our site from that country
3. You are legally capable of entering into a binding contract
4. You are at least 18 years of age
a. If you are under 18 years of age, that you have obtained your parent's or guardian's consent to sell your device to us for the sum indicated via our website.
b. You and your parents or guardians release us of any liabilities or claims that may arise if you send the device to us in breach of our warranty agreement.
5. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, "consumer" means an individual who neither makes this contract in the course of a business, nor holds himself out as doing so, as defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
The price of your device trade-in is not guaranteed and may change based on unforeseen factors.
1. Should we, upon inspection of your device, decide to offer you a lower price than originally quoted, you will have seven days to either accept or reject that new price.
2. If you fail to accept or decline the revised price within seven days, then your device will be paid at the new price via your chosen payment method and ownership of your device will transfer to us.
3. If you decline a revised price, we can return the item at your expense, to cover the cost of administration and delivery.
4. The price quoted is valid for 21 days from the date of checkout. If the device cannot be delivered, tested and paid within this timeframe, we reserve the right to revise the offer to a new amount.
We reserve the right to refuse to process a sale order for any reason. For example:
1. We have identified a quote valuation error on the website
2. you fail to meet any criteria for eligibility which we impose from time to time
3. you fail to submit all necessary and relevant details for us to complete the sales process
4. you fail to send us your device
5. Where your device is not within the condition guidelines that we state on our site or does not comply with these Terms
6. The device is not a genuine original product ie- it is an imitation, copy or a non-genuine make or model.
7. Any devices that we receive that fall within the above criteria and similar conditions specified by us will be revalued and you will receive a requote email to confirm this.
You as the customer are responsible for ensuring that all the options selected are a true reflection of the device that you are sending to us. The condition that you select for your device should match the information given on the trade-in process website
Please be aware that selling any device on which you do not own may amount to a criminal conviction.
1. UK legislation states that we cannot under any circumstances return or pay for a device which is lost or stolen or recorded as such.
2. We may disclose seller details to the Police or other authorised bodies such as, network operators and insurance companies for the purpose of investigating or preventing a crime. By entering into this contract you agree to us supplying data to the police or other authorised bodies for the purpose of the prevention and detection of crime, arrest and prosecution of offenders or for the recovery of stolen property.
3. As soon as the device arrives at our site, your device will be put through a database checking for lost or stolen goods.
4. If a device is found to have a record that indicates it has been lost or stolen or we become aware of any other issue relating to its ownership, we will notify the seller by email and quarantine the device for an initial period of 28 days. Payment for the device will be withheld by us until the Software does not show the device as stolen or lost.
5. If these circumstances do arrive then we will provide details of the sofware provider to the seller so that they have the chance to prove that they are the rightful owner of device and have the lost or stolen records associated with it cleared within the 28 day Period and/or resolve any other issue relating to its ownership.
6. If during the 28 day period the device is cleared on the Software database and any other issue relating to ownership of the same is resolved, your sale will be processed and paid for as normal.
7. However, where the device is not cleared through the database within the 28 day Period, we will be required by law to hold onto the device, pass it to the Police or other law enforcement body or dispose of it, and by entering into this contract, you agree to this action. You will not receive any payment if such steps are taken.
Where M4MT agrees to purchase your device you will be paid the amount quoted to you via the website, as long as your device was accurately described and no unforseen factors contibute to a recalculation.
1. All such initial quotes are pending our evaluation of your tech device/s and no binding offer is made until we have had a chance to inspect the device that you send to us. We reserve the right to refuse to offer to purchase any item that you send us.
2. We may determine the value of your device based on many factors such as its age, make and model, wear and tear and any repair costs.
3. If we decide not to purchase the device or to sell it on your behalf you will be given the option of allowing us to recycle the device but you will not receive any payment for it.
4. All amounts will be paid in GBP (£) sterling by the payment method you have chosen; direct bank transfer, PayPal or company cheque, posted to the address you provide to us. Bank Transfer or paypal payments can only be made to the account details given when placing the online order. We cannot, under any circumstances, recall or reissue bank transfer payments once they have been made. No quote we make is binding upon us until we receive your device and inspect it. We aim to complete our checks the same day of receipt of any item.
5. Prices offered on our website are subject to change at any time without notice.
6. When we receive your sale items, we will check that the sale is complete and that it meets our terms and conditions. Providing it does, we will post/make payment to you, by bank transfer, Paypal or cheque, on the same day we receive your item, as long as it was accurately described and arrived before 2pm. Cheques may take up to seven business days from the date on which your device is inspected at our site, to the date it is delivered to your address. Please note that any price revision accepted after 2pm may be paid on the next working day.
Safe delivery of all items is your sole responsibility and M4MT will not be liable for any damages or losses incurred during transit.
1. Our pre-paid returns label or courier service does not guarantee that the items will be received in the same condition as when they were sent. We can accept no liability for non-delivery of your items or damage in transit. We therefore recommend that you package your items in secure padded packaging and send high value items via Royal Mail Special/Recorded Delivery or another insured courier service to ensure successful delivery. Use of our free post or collection service is at your own risk and is not recommended for high value items.
2. In the event that a device or its accessories is received in a damaged state, we will follow the process as defined in these terms and conditions. You can usually make a claim for damage by contacting your chosen delivery service/courier. We shall not be liable for, or pursue compensation, for any damage occurred to your items prior to receipt by us, unless we explicitly agree this in writing.
3. You should always carefully package your items when sending them to us to ensure that they are not damaged in transit. We automatically provide a freepost service or courier service depending on your order. We advise that you should try and include old newspapers, bubble wrap, or other environmentally friendly packaging material to cushion your item during transit.
Use of this service comes with no warranty or guarantee.
1. We do not warrant or represent any part of our service:
(a) the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
(b) that the material on the website is up to date; or
(c) that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
2. We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
3. Whilst we take due diligence to ensure that any personal data is erased from devices, we accept no responsibility for any "loss" "breach" or "leak", and strongly advise customers to ensure that data is securely erased before placing an order with us. Where required, we reserve the right to use alternative erasure methods other than those which are advertised. When applicable, erasure certificates are available by request at no charge and will be provided once our processing of the device is complete. We do not guarantee WHEN or IF erasure certificates will be available for a specific order.
4. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our website.